Blepharitis Treatment with our Chico Eye Physicians
Our eye physicians in Chico CA want to make sure our patients feel comfortable with their sight and eye health. Eye doctors in Chico can help patients who feel there is something wrong get the treatment they need to see better and enjoy their lives. One condition our optical clinic in Chico often sees is blepharitis. This condition is relatively common and treatable.
What Is Blepharitis?
Blepharitis is simply the inflammation of the eyelid margin. There could be many causes including:
- Dry eyes
- Meibomian gland dysfunction
- Bacterial eyelid infections
- Fungal eyelid infections
Symptoms of Blepharitis
Common symptoms our blepharitis eye doctor looks for include:
- Itchy eyelids
- Grittiness in the eyes
- The sensation of foreign bodies in the eyes
- Crusty debris
- Dandruff at the base of the eyelashes
- Stinging or burning eyes
Treatment Options for Blepharitis
There are several treatment options for blepharitis depending on the cause of the condition. Typical treatments include:
- Eyelid scrubs, which remove the buildup of biofilm and bacteria. This is performed daily throughout your treatment.
- In-office treatments such as BlephEx, which opens the meibomian glands, thermal pulsation, which expresses any materials obstructing the glands, or intense pulsed light therapy.
- Medicated ointments and eye drops
When You Should Consult Your Ophthalmologists in Chico
If your eyes are itchy and irritated and don't seem to be getting better, contact our ophthalmologists in Chico. We can help feel better and get back your clear, healthy vision at our blepharitis eye clinic in Chico. To learn more or schedule an appointment, call our Chico office at (530)-899-2244.